International Secondary School in Zabrze
- Each year group consists of up to 16 students.
- Additional students can be offered a school place in each year group at the discretion of the Headteacher. The Headteacher can admit additional students who are not Polish citizens or are Polish citizens who return from abroad.
- International Primary School in Zabrze students’ school place applications have the priority.
- Additionally, the priority is given to the siblings of International Primary School in Zabrze students and Językowa Akademia Przedszkolaka Magic Fairyland pupils.
- At the discretion of the Headteacher, the remaining school places available are offered to students who applied for a school place.
- The Headteacher offers a school place to an applicant based on the result of their placement test and application form.
Admission Criteria for students applying for a school place in Year 1
- The parents or legal guardians can apply for a school place on behalf of their child who is in Year 8 of a primary school.
- Admission criteria are stated below:
- An interview with School’s Headteacher;
- Primary School Final Certificate results
- Egzaminu Ósmoklasisty results;
- Use of English language
- Other student’s achievements such as:
- Participation in a variety of competitions on a higher level organised by Kurator Oświaty;
- Participation in a variety if sports or art. And craft competitions on a higher level.
- Behaviour result
- Laureate of competitions on a higher level organised by Kurator Oświaty in core subjects may be offered a school place regardless of admission criteria stated in bullet point number 2.
All additional information regarding the admission criteria can be found in Admission Policy published on International Secondary School website.
Additional Information for Candidates
- Students who wish to apply for a school place in Year 1 of the International Secondary School in Zabrze are requested to provide the School’s Office with the following documentation:
- Application Form
- 2 identical recent photographs of the student with his/her full name on the back of each one
- Certificates confirming their participation in a variety of competitions organised by Kutator Oświaty on a higher level, sports competitions or arts and crafts competitions.
- A signed copy of the Primary School Final Certificate.
- A certificate confirming the results of Egzamin Ósmoklasisty and
a signed copy of it.
- In order to supervise the admission process, the Headteacher establishes Szkolna Komisja Rekrutacyjna (School Admission Committee), choses its Chairperson and Vice Chair as well as defines its aims.
- The School Admission Committee:
- Provides the candidates with all the information needed in admission process;
- Carries out the admission process;
- Provides all candidates with the results of the admission process;
- Prepares a written report of admission process.